FODMAP Your Favorites is about feeling great while enjoying the foods you love most. Just in time for Thanksgiving, check out our pumpkin pie recipe.
15 ounces pumpkin puree, canned
10 ounces almond milk, unsweetened
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1 cup white rice flour
1/4 cup potato starch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cold butter
1. Whisk the white rice flour, potato starch and salt.
2. Grate the cold butter into the flour mixture with a box grater.
Incorporate the butter into the flour with your hands until the dough is moist and crumbly.
3. Whisk the egg separately in a small bowl then add to the dough. Mix to combine.
The dough should form a ball. If the dough is too wet add more rice flour as needed.
4. Form the dough into a disc and wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
Refrigerate the dough for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
5. While the dough is chilling, make the pie filling.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree, almond milk and eggs. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the sugar, salt, and all of the spices.
4. Slowly whisk the sugar and spice mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
5. Pour filling into prepared pie crust and bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour.